cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
another1here Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Calculation using two card values

I am trying to use the values from two different card visuals (both of which are the result of filtered table data - each from a different table) and make a calculation with these two values.

One card visual is the number of total instances of "Acceptances" and is the result of data being filtered out of Table A (which consists of many statuses beyond just "Acceptances", and a larger timeframe than needed).

The other card visual is the number of total instances of "Declines" and is the result of data being filtered out of Table B (which also consists of other statuses beyond just "Declines", and also a larger timeframe than needed - but works well with the filters in place). 

Both tables are from different data sources, so I can't combine them - they're very different datasets.

My ultimate goal is to get to an "Acceptance Rate" which is simply

Acceptances/(Acceptances+Declines) 

...and to have that resulting value be displayed on a similar visual card next to those other two values.

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Calculation using two card values

Hey,

to answer your question: "Is this possible?"

Yes, this possible. Unfortunately, it's not that easy as by dividing two card visuals. You have to create a measure, that "hosts" the division.

Here I explained a similar question:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Operate-with-2-cards/m-p/250139#M110999

If you need further assistance, it will become much more simple, if you provide sample data and describe how both tables are structured and filtered.

Regards

Tom 

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 296 members 2,982 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: