Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculation of difference of values between dates

Hello 

I'm trying to find a formula whit DAX formulas to calculate the difference of values ​​between dates.

For example I'd like to calculate the difference between date 29/10/2018 and 05/11/2018, and the result would be 9.3, or beeing able to choose another date of comparison like 26/11/2018 (result -18.62 ) in a slicer or filter.

Thanks in advance!

Capture 1.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

In my case I have this database and I would like to make a measure that gives me how many days it has taken to carry out the management.

mmelerof_0-1667927385663.png

I don't know if anyone can help me 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, the calculation is calculated on values of another column (in this case Tons as shown in the picture),  not to calculate how many days of months are between dates.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Assume you have taken a slicer with two date. Prefer a date calendar

Try measure

Measure =
var _max = maxx(allselected('Date'),'Date'[Date])
var _min = minx(allselected('Date'),'Date'[Date])
return
calculate(sum(table[tons]),filter(All(DATE), Date[Date] =_max)) - calculate(sum(table[tons]),filter(All(DATE), Date[Date] =_min))

or

Measure =
var _max = maxx(allselected('Date'),'Date'[Date])
var _min = minx(allselected('Date'),'Date'[Date])
return
calculate(sum(table[tons]),filter(Allselected(DATE), Date[Date] =_max)) - calculate(sum(table[tons]),filter(Allselected(DATE), Date[Date] =_min))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for you response!..I'm having a problem that in the 5th and 6th line (in line 2 and 3 works fine), BI doesn't recognice the table Date, since I created this Date table as a calendar. Any ideas?

Capture2.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to modify @amitchandak's formula according to your data model, like this.

Measure = 
VAR x = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM('Table'[tons]),
    FILTER(
        ALLSELECTED('Table'),
        'Table'[Release Date] = MAXX( ALLSELECTED('Table'), [Release Date])
    )
)
VAR y = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM( 'Table'[tons] ),
    FILTER(
        ALLSELECTED('Table'),
        'Table'[Release Date] = MINX( ALLSELECTED('Table'), [Release Date] )
    )
)
RETURN
x -y

mn7.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use DATEDIFF function in Power BI to calculate difference between 2 dates. Refer following for details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/datediff-function-dax

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.