Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Calculation not working this month. Worked other months -- Days in Month

Hey, @kcantor

thanks for providing your pbix

In your PBIX I encountered the same as @shebr does, I'm just able to see dates for April 2018 on your report page: Work in Progress.

Even if there is no page level filter applied

If recreate you Multi-Row Card visual on a new page everything seems to work fine :-( :-) For whatever reason.

This is odd.

Regards

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer you question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!
Super User
Super User

Found it :-)

There are invisible Slicer on your page "Work in progress"

Go to the View menu, Check "Selection Pane", make both slicers visible, deselect "2018-04" ;-)

Cheers

Tom 

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer you question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!
Super User
Super User

@TomMartens

I used your calculation in my file. Fun fact, this had been working so long that var was not active when I built it. Your calculation does not work in my date table. I have no filters at all as I stripped everything from the pbix except the date table. That appeared to narrow it down to my date table. It pulls from an excel file that is used in my office. I built a new table in Query and it still didn't work. Here is that query:

let
Source = #date(2015,1,1),
Custom1 = List.Dates(#"Source", Number.From(#date(2025,1,1)) - Number.From(#"Source"),#duration (1,0,0,0)),
#"Sorted Items" = List.Sort(Custom1,Order.Descending),
#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(#"Sorted Items", Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Converted to Table",{{"Column1", type date}}),
#"Inserted Day of Year" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Day of Year", each Date.DayOfYear([Column1]), Int64.Type),
#"Inserted Day" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Day of Year", "Day", each Date.Day([Column1]), Int64.Type),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Inserted Day",{{"Day", "DayOfWeekMon"}, {"Day of Year", "DayofYear"}, {"Column1", "DateKey"}}),
#"Inserted Month" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Month", each Date.Month([DateKey]), Int64.Type),
#"Inserted Year" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Month", "Year", each Date.Year([DateKey]), Int64.Type),
#"Inserted Week of Year" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Year", "Week of Year", each Date.WeekOfYear([DateKey]), Int64.Type),
#"Inserted Day Name" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Week of Year", "Day Name", each Date.DayOfWeekName([DateKey]), type text),
#"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Day Name", "Is Weekend", each if [Day Name] = "Saturday" then "Yes" else if [Day Name] = "Sunday" then "Yes" else "No"),
#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Conditional Column",{{"Is Weekend", type text}}),
#"Duplicated Column" = Table.DuplicateColumn(#"Changed Type1", "Week of Year", "Week of Year - Copy"),
#"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Duplicated Column",{{"Week of Year - Copy", "WeekNumber"}})
in
#"Renamed Columns1"

Super User
Super User

@shebr

Even with the new Query version that table does that. In the model itself, it is fully populated. There are no filters on the page or visual. 

Super User
Super User

@kcantor Please check the selection pane

Menu: View --> Check "Selection Pane",

on the file you provided are invisible slicer

Hamburg - Germany
Proud to be a Datanaut!
shebr Member

@TomMartens Good find!

Super User
Super User

wow.  Just Wow. I do not recall adding hidden filters. I guess my partner in BI must have doinked with this when I was on vacation. 

Going to have to discuss that.

Thank you @TomMartens  I never even thought to look there.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You're welcome!

I guess that's what vacations are for, providing time to others for getting you irritated:-)

Cheers

Tom

Hamburg - Germany
Proud to be a Datanaut!