Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bobbybamber
Frequent Visitor

Calculation from within a table

screenshot.39.jpg

Hi guys,

Quick one - but above is a sample table. "Online" being the primary category/field then we've got two products sat within it.

Due to the way we bid, automatically assigning spend between the two products isn't possible. However, I wondered if there was a way of creating a calculated measure that could do that for me. I.e - if we wanted to assign spend proportionally across the two products depending on the number of leads generated for each product.

Is it possible to create a measure that would multiply the leads from each product (e.g. 8 and 921) by the total CPL (in this case £33.54). The table doesn't necessarily need to do it cleanly - I'd just like a new column that said:

Adjusted Spend
£31,158.24 (e.g. the total for online)
£268.32 (e.g. the blue row: 8x33.54)
£30,890.34 (e.g. the red row: 921x33.54)
£31,158.24 (same as the top, basically the total).

In my head this should be impossible but I wanted to rule it out first.... anyone come up with a way of doing it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

£33.54 is 31,158.24 / 929...

How would I easily share a sample of data? There's a lot of it...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@bobbybamber,

You create a Matrix visual using the data from your original table, could you please share sample data of your original table? I am curious about that how you get a 33.54 total value for CPL.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

£33.54 is 31,158.24 / 929...

How would I easily share a sample of data? There's a lot of it...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.