Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kadapavel
Helper II
Helper II

Calculation based on time condition

Hello 

I have a table with time stamps and values of load. Target is calculate load RMS values with some formula. for

Difficulty is..

I need to apply the calculation for every 10 minutes, 1hour of 24 hours to the time selected by slicer. for example

time stamp     Value

10:00:00           100%

10:01:00            120%

10:02:00             80%

10:04:00            110%

10:05:00             70%

10:08:00              20%

10:10:00              100%   >>  Time from 10:00:00 to 10:10:00 is >= 10 min, then apply caclulation for the time, then next..

I would appreciate for any ideas, currently I may do that(partly) only in excel using new columns with various conditions, but the imput data is so big that exel is not able to handle complete data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@kadapavel

In this scenario, I suggest you add a column to group minute part of the time into 6 "buckets" in each hour. 

Minute Group = ROUNDDOWN(MINUTE('Table'[Time])/10,0)

Then you can use ALLEXCEPT() function to have your calculation group on each "bucket".

Regards, 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@kadapavel

In this scenario, I suggest you add a column to group minute part of the time into 6 "buckets" in each hour. 

Minute Group = ROUNDDOWN(MINUTE('Table'[Time])/10,0)

Then you can use ALLEXCEPT() function to have your calculation group on each "bucket".

Regards, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.