Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculation based on slicer selected values

Hi,

I have three slicers and tables in my report: slicer of year, month, day, one table is summary statistics of the selected date, another table is the statistics for day of week of the selected date within past one year.

For example if I select year=2019, month=Mar, day= 10, which is a sunday, I need to select all the sundays between March 10, 2018 and March 10, 2019.

By doing this, first I created a measure:

selected date =
var year = value( IF(HASONEVALUE('Offer Date'[Year]), VALUES('Offer Date'[Year]), year(NOW())))
var month = value(IF(HASONEVALUE('Offer Date'[Month]), VALUES('Offer Date'[CALENDAR_MONTH_NUMBER_IN_YEAR]), MONTH(NOW())))
var day =  value( IF(HASONEVALUE('Offer Date'[Day]), VALUES('Offer Date'[Day]), DAY(NOW())))
return date (year, month, day)

and then I compare all my available date with the selected date by creating a column

HC reporting range =
        IF(AND(
            [CALENDAR_DATE]>=[selected date]-365,
        [CALENDAR_DATE]>=[selected date]),
       "Yes", "No")

This column is not functional as Iexpected. I learned online that I shouldn't create a column. Instead, I should create a new table. But I don't know how to do that.

Please help~~~

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

you are right, it is possible to create a calculated column based on a measure, but a calculated column will not change if the measure changes due filtering by slicers.

It is not clear to me what you want to achive, but I created this little report as a simple demo of how filter dates based on slicers.

Cheers,

Sturla

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

you are right, it is possible to create a calculated column based on a measure, but a calculated column will not change if the measure changes due filtering by slicers.

It is not clear to me what you want to achive, but I created this little report as a simple demo of how filter dates based on slicers.

Cheers,

Sturla

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.