Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PaulCo
Helper II
Helper II

Calculation based on Column Average

I am pulling data from SFDC which contains the Value of each deal booked and also the discount used for the deal. I want to summarise the data by month to show the Total Value, Average Value and then do a calculation to find the Weighted Average Discount for each month. 

The Weighted Average Discount is calculated like this:

(Value/Total Value) * Discount = Weighted Average Discount

We then sum up the Weighted Average Disounts for each deal to give the Weighted Average Discount that we are looking for.

For example, these are the opportunities that closed in a quarter. We get the Opportunity, Month and Discount from the SFDC table but we need to calculate the % of Month Total and the Weighted Average Discount.

OpportunityMonthValue% of Month TotalDiscountWeighted Average Discount
1January30060%33%19.80%
2January20040%50%20.00%
3February25042%40%16.67%
4February35058%30%17.50%
5March10033%25%8.33%
6March20067%50%33.33%

In this example the Average weighted discount for March would be 41.67% (8.33% + 33.33%).

How can I add these calculated columns to my data so that I can do the calculations to find the Weighted Average Discount? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi PaulCo,

To achieve your requirement, create a measure using measure like below:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Weighted Average Discount]), ALLEXCEPT(Table1, Table1[Month]))

1.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi PaulCo,

To achieve your requirement, create a measure using measure like below:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Weighted Average Discount]), ALLEXCEPT(Table1, Table1[Month]))

1.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Perfect, thanks.

I had to do a couple of intermediateary steps but I got there with the help of your example.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.