Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Quiny_Harl
Resolver I
Resolver I

Calculation Group slicer should affect only one measure

Hi,

I have created a calculation group which (for the sake of illustration) contains the following calculation items:

- YoY Actual Change

- YoY % Chnage

- 3M Rolling Avg

I have added it as a slicer so that if I select YoY % Change, for example, I'm going to see the YoY % Change for the selected measure (which is also dynamically selected from a slicer using field parameters - that's just for context).

Now, the thing is that I want to visualize the YoY % Change next to my Actual Value for the selected measure on a line-column chart. This, however, is not happening because both measure are filtered by my calculation group slicer and show the YoY % Change.

Quiny_Harl_0-1661370640031.png

How do I make the bars to show the Actual Value and the line to show whatever I selected from the calculation group slicer?

I tried to apply REMOVEFILTERS on the bar chart measure but it didn't work.

Quiny_Harl_1-1661371207789.png

@parry2k 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Quiny_Harl I dont think I agree with what @Jeanxyz  said. You need to add measure exclusion in your calculation groups. I have done tons of videos of on calculation groups pitfalls. I think the following two videos will help you get over the line, if not then share your pbix file and/or we can connect over zoom/Teams to go over it but I request you to watch/go thru these videos please:

Learn methods to exclude measures in calculation groups with DAX functions and Field Parameters - Yo...

Field Parameters vs Calculation Groups - which one to use in Power BI for a scalable solution - YouT...

and one more if you have time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhMBzurjZCU&list=PLiYSIjh4cEx2s8-jXBhv5aCu5_6F9zQ3I

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Thanks for the feedback @Jeanxyz ! Much appreciated. Regards!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Quiny_Harl I dont think I agree with what @Jeanxyz  said. You need to add measure exclusion in your calculation groups. I have done tons of videos of on calculation groups pitfalls. I think the following two videos will help you get over the line, if not then share your pbix file and/or we can connect over zoom/Teams to go over it but I request you to watch/go thru these videos please:

Learn methods to exclude measures in calculation groups with DAX functions and Field Parameters - Yo...

Field Parameters vs Calculation Groups - which one to use in Power BI for a scalable solution - YouT...

and one more if you have time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhMBzurjZCU&list=PLiYSIjh4cEx2s8-jXBhv5aCu5_6F9zQ3I

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Thanks for sharing @parry2k . I have only watched the first video, it's already eye opening. 

Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Quiny_Harl , did you create a calculation group via Tabular Editor? Then Removefilters expression won't work because the filter condition in Tabular Editor is applied after the selected measure, hence tabular editor will overwrite removefilters condition. 

I think calculation group typically work well with table visuals. Try create a YoY actual change measure outside the calculation group to solve the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.