Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djpirra
Helper III
Helper III

Calculation Group Formatting not working for measures formatted as "Percentage"

Hi everyone,

I am working on a SSAS tabular model that has a set of measures formatted as "Percentage". 

I also have a calculation group that between many things, tries to change the formatting of that measure to add additional "icons" so an arrow up for positive values, arrow down for negative values and 0.

While all of this works perfectly well for all measures, in the ones formatted as "Percentage" this seems not to work at all and the icons do not get applied...

Funny fact is that if I change the measure format from "percentage" to something like "0.00%" and deploy, things start to work well.

Well, this would make me say... "Oh then just change all percentage based measures to that format". Yep... another funny fact is that after doing that and reploying the solution, somehow Visual Studio decides to revert the change and set it back to "percentage" as if it understands the format "0.00%" is a percentage. This would mean that I would have to change every measure before every deployment. 😞

Anyone has any suggestions on why this is happening?

7 REPLIES 7
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @djpirra ,

Which version of your VS is, and whether it may be caused by the version.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We are using VS2019 Enterprise Edition with the most up to date installers for Analysis Services projects.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you think it's a bug, I'd report this to Microsoft.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't help you with VS as I would have to see the code... but I can tell you that if you use Tabular Editor to edit your .bim file and then deploy from it, you should not have this problem.

Release Tabular Editor 2.16.0 · otykier/TabularEditor (github.com)

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, it is a fact but the team is using VS at the moment.

Will try to see if we can find a way to manage both scenarios since this seems to be some sort of bug apparently.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then make the change in Tabular Editor and load into VS. Might work.

We have tried it before, and VS reverts back the change. Somehow I think it detects its a percentage format and overrides the setting.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.