Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Calculating the difference in amount between two dates

Hi team,

I need your help with calculating / displaying the differences between two dates.

Here's an example.

SnapshotOpportunityStageValue
01-01-191Best Case100
01-01-192Best Case200
22-01-191Best Case300
22-01-192Commit100
22-01-193Best Case100

We see two dates: January 1st and January 22nds. We see the following differences:

1. Number of Opportunities: from two to three. I'd like to calculate both the difference (3-2=1) AND to display the Opp that is new in January 22nds (Opp number 3).

2. The total value went from 300 to 500. I'd like to show the difference (500-300=200). I'd also like to display where this difference came from: a. an Opp has changed its value and b. a new Opp has arrived.

3. I'd like to display which Opps have had their Stage changed (in this case, Opp #2 went from Best Case to Commit).

Ideally, these measures will cover any snapshot date (I'll have one for each week of the year, and I'd like to be able to switch back and forth).

Thanks in advance for any input on this difficult topic.

Alice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AliceW,

You may take a look at the following posts.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AliceW,

You may take a look at the following posts.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, Sam! I'll check them out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.