Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lukaspowerbi
Helper II
Helper II

Calculating percentage from two different tables in power bi desktop

I am trying to create a card visual displaying a percentage number that is derived from two tables. 

Table 1 Sample:

capture.JPG

Table 2 Sample:

capture.JPG

How can I accomplish the following:

Table1(Member ID) divided by Table2(Member ID) *100 = 45%

This is just an example %number but I would like to see the % number in my card visual. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
srinivt
Employee
Employee

You can write DAX measure to do that. However, your example and usecase seems to be a bit confusing, because, for a card visual you are looking at a single number for the entire table. One way to achieve that is to aggregate the data from each table, but I am not sure if that is what you want. In any case here is a sample DAX measure for that: SUM(Table1[MemberID]) / SUM(Table2[MemberID]). 

View solution in original post

lukaspowerbi
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @srinivt

Yes, I am looking for a single number. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lukaspowerbi
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @srinivt

Yes, I am looking for a single number. 

@lukaspowerbi,

Have you got expected result after you creating a measure as srinivt's post?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
srinivt
Employee
Employee

You can write DAX measure to do that. However, your example and usecase seems to be a bit confusing, because, for a card visual you are looking at a single number for the entire table. One way to achieve that is to aggregate the data from each table, but I am not sure if that is what you want. In any case here is a sample DAX measure for that: SUM(Table1[MemberID]) / SUM(Table2[MemberID]). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.