Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

sccoleman1189
Helper I
Helper I

Calculating percentage based on information from multiple tables

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the percentage of specific groups (buckets) based on the number of orders. Buckets and orders are from 2 different tables.

Buckets contains multiple groups that is a column in my category table. 

Orders is a measure that I created counting the distinct number of ids from my prod table.

Instead of creating a measure for each bucket, I wanted to know if there is a way to just create a DAX in that could divide the number of orders based on each category.

Below, I was able to just grab my bucket column (value field) and date (rows) and created a matrix. I would like to see the year populated with the percentage numbers. 

Capture.JPG

I hope I have clearly explained what I am looking for. Also the two tables have a relationship based on different columns.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sccoleman1189,

Where are the Years from? Maybe you can try the formula below and refer to the snapshot.

Measure = count('OrderTable'[Order ID-Prod])

Calculating-percentage-based-on-information-from-multiple-tables

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sccoleman1189,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sccoleman1189,

Please share a sample that we can copy with or download. Please mask the sensitive parts first. The percentage relates to two parts, numerator and denominator. What are they?

Best Regards,

Below is an example of the data. 

Order ID and Job Code are in the same table, Bucket is in another table. The tables are joined via job code.

I want to calculate the percentage of orders based on each bucket.

Order ID-ProdBucket-CategoryJob Code-Prod
AInstallxyz
BRepairqrs
CInstallxyz
DCommercialfgh
ECommercialdef
FInstalllmn
GCommercialabc
HRepairtuv

Hi @sccoleman1189,

Where are the Years from? Maybe you can try the formula below and refer to the snapshot.

Measure = count('OrderTable'[Order ID-Prod])

Calculating-percentage-based-on-information-from-multiple-tables

Best Regards,

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@sccoleman1189 please provide the sample data to get you the solution.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.