Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

braypa
Advocate II
Advocate II

Calculating percent of column in matrix with filters

I have a tabled called ABC, and that I want to use to produce a matrix that looks like this:

Ask     Rating     # Proposals   % of Proposals

Entry     High         6                30%

Entry     Medium   10              50 %

Entry     Low            4              20 %

Entry     Total          20            100%

Luxury   High          1                20%

Luxury   Medium     3               60%

Luxury   Low           1                20%

Luxury   Total          5             100%

The % of proposals column should calculate the % for that grouping.  I used the following measure to calculate the percentage:

% Proposals = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(ABC[Prop ID Number])), CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(ABC[Prop ID Number]), ALLEXCEPT(ABC,ABC[Ask])))

This worked fine, until I added additional product types to the ABC table. I have a page level filter for the product type, but the % shown in the matrix are now incorrect, and calculated off the entre proposal base, not just the proposals for this product type.  Any ideas how to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
braypa
Advocate II
Advocate II

Solved. The answer was to add: ABC[Product]="Name" in the CALCULATE statement to include the filter needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
braypa
Advocate II
Advocate II

Solved. The answer was to add: ABC[Product]="Name" in the CALCULATE statement to include the filter needed.

Hi @braypa,

Great to hear the problem got resolved! Could you accept your reply above as solution to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.