cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
adpo2 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Calculating % of Total Running Sum along Table (Across), Converting Calculation from Tableau to DAX

I am trying to convert an equation I am using in Tableau to DAX. It is to show a running percent of total in relation to a distribution (distribution is daily and goes by hour, so for example at midnight this % would be near or at 100%). In Tableau the calculation is: RUNNING_SUM(SUM([X])) / TOTAL(SUM([X])). I am wondering how to replicate this in DAX or if there is even possibly an easier solution I am not aware of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Calculating % of Total Running Sum along Table (Across), Converting Calculation from Tableau to

Hi @adpo2 

You may try to create measures like below:

Cumulative Hours =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'Table'[hours] ),
    FILTER ( ALL ( 'Table' ), 'Table'[Time] <= MAX ( 'Table'[Time] ) )
)
Measure =
[Cumulative Hours] / CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[hours] ), ALL ( 'Table' ) )

111.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Calculating % of Total Running Sum along Table (Across), Converting Calculation from Tableau to

Hi @adpo2 

You may try to create measures like below:

Cumulative Hours =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'Table'[hours] ),
    FILTER ( ALL ( 'Table' ), 'Table'[Time] <= MAX ( 'Table'[Time] ) )
)
Measure =
[Cumulative Hours] / CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[hours] ), ALL ( 'Table' ) )

111.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
adpo2 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you that equation was exactly what I was looking for! @v-cherch-msft