cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Antonio195754 Helper I
Helper I

Calculating distance from a source location to multiple destinations using long and lat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Calculating distance from a source location to multiple destinations using long and lat

@Antonio195754 here is the solution, you can make the changes as per your need. I guess you have starting point, but feel free to reach out if need further help.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Calculating distance from a source location to multiple destinations using long and lat

@Antonio195754 I assume you have relationship between these table, 1 to many (1 side is Airport table and many side is cell phone towers tables), can you please confirmt this? Also if you can post some example airport and cell towers in excel sheet, it will help to get you the solution. 

Super User III
Super User III

Hey @Antonio195754 

as @parry2k already mentioned it would be helpful to get sample data and if a 1 to many relationship can be established.

This link might be helpful, as you will see there are some things to consider to calculate the distance between two points if want or have to consider that this thing we live on, behaves like a globe 🙂

https://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html

Regards,

Tom

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
I accept Kudos :-), If you find my post helpful.

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Super User IV
Super User IV

Thanks @TomMartens 

@Antonio195754 read this post from @Greg_Deckler regarding how to get answer quickly. 

Antonio195754 Helper I
Helper I

will do

Super User IV
Super User IV

@Antonio195754 two things:

- screen shot is good but for teting the solution, it is good to get data in excel so that we can import on our end in powerbi.

- in your model,  your airport code is unique?

Antonio195754 Helper I
Helper I

Super User IV
Super User IV

@Antonio195754 No worries. Unfortunately you cannot uploade it here, you can share thru one drive or google drive and share the link here. 

Antonio195754 Helper I
Helper I

Super User IV
Super User IV

@Antonio195754 seems like it is not shared publically, it is asking me to login.

Helpful resources

Announcements
‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors