Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AG1902

Calculating difference in total overdue for ranked customer names

Hi All,

I am just working on a weekly accounts receivables report. My dataset contains information about customers from different regions and entities and AR balances for those customers as of every Monday.
In my report I put a summary table which allows for quick scanning - it shows Top 5 debtors + OTHER (for a given Monday I rank all customers by total overdue amount and if the ranking <= 5 then customer name is displayed, otherwise I put everything into "OTHER" category - please see first picture).
Users are able to choose a specific date for which they want to see the debtors ranking and total overdue balances. I have been also asked to add a column with a change in total overde (this vs previous week). I have created a measure to show the delta but unfortunately when I put it into my table, more than 5 debrors for every region appear (I get top 5 debtors for this week and those who ARE NOT in top 5 this week but were on the top positions last week). 
I tried to make a workaround in a measure to not display those names (please see second picture) but it does not work - the total change for a given region is not the sum of the top 5 debtors + other.
Do you have any ideas how to solve this?
Thanks in advance for your help!

AG1902_0-1664440856332.png

AG1902_1-1664440886829.png

1 REPLY 1
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AG1902 ,

Please share some sample data so that we could test the formula.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors