Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

igibson
Frequent Visitor

Calculating daily retail budgets

Capture.PNG

I am attempting to calculate budgets for retail stores for each day. The formula that I must use is Daily Budget = Sales/SUM(Sales); * Budget. The sum of the sales should be the sum of all of the sales for the coresponding month.

How can i calculate this in Power BI, I am having a hard time writing up a formula with some columns being different everyday and otheres being the same for each day. FYI the Budget value is differentfor each month.

PS is there a more efficient way to do this, please let me know.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@igibson,

Create the following columns in your table.

Month = MONTH(Table[Date]) 

Sumsales = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[Month]))
Daily budget = Table[Sales]/Table[Sumsales]*Table[Bugdet]

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@igibson,

Just change the formula of  Sumsales to the following:

Sumsales = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[Month],Table[Store]))

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@igibson,

Create the following columns in your table.

Month = MONTH(Table[Date]) 

Sumsales = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[Month]))
Daily budget = Table[Sales]/Table[Sumsales]*Table[Bugdet]

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

How would you use that to create Budget MTD

Thank you very much. This is a step in the right direction, however in my whole table I have more stores than just ALR. So currently it is summing the sales of all stores of each month. Do you know of a dynamic way for the salessum to only pull the correct values for each store?

@igibson,

Just change the formula of  Sumsales to the following:

Sumsales = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[Month],Table[Store]))

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.