cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating current Quarter

I'm trying to create a calculated column to return the current quarter like I do for current month. I use these mostly as a visualization filter so the report updates to the current information.

This is the formula I use for Current Month:

CurrentMonth = IF(YEAR('LST Report'[EffectiveDate])&MONTH('LST Report'[EffectiveDate])=YEAR(NOW())&MONTH(NOW()),1,0)

This is what I'm trying for Current Quarter, it is not working as I would expect.

CurrentQuarter = IF(YEAR('LST Report'[EffectiveDate])&MONTH('LST Report'[EffectiveDate]+2/3)=YEAR(NOW())&MONTH(NOW()+2/3),1,0)

Any thoughts are appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Flori_Abb Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Calculating current Quarter

Hi Caitlin_Knox

i guess you enter this formula in a date table and you want to add a column what shows you 1 if the date is the current quater. In this case i added before a quaternumber column:

QuaterNumber = if(dim_Date[Year] = year(now());roundup(dim_Date[MonthNumberOfYear]/3;0);0) and then

Current QTD = if(dim_Date[QuaterNumber] = roundup(month(now()-1)/3;0);1;0)

That works for me fine, maybe it helps you also.

KR

Florian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Flori_Abb Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Caitlin_Knox

i guess you enter this formula in a date table and you want to add a column what shows you 1 if the date is the current quater. In this case i added before a quaternumber column:

QuaterNumber = if(dim_Date[Year] = year(now());roundup(dim_Date[MonthNumberOfYear]/3;0);0) and then

Current QTD = if(dim_Date[QuaterNumber] = roundup(month(now()-1)/3;0);1;0)

That works for me fine, maybe it helps you also.

KR

Florian

View solution in original post

Moderator v-sihou-msft

@Caitlin_Knox

You can also use following expression to get the Quarter number.

Quarter Number = INT(FORMAT(NOW(),"q"))

Regards,

SBoraste Visitor
Visitor

You can calculate the current Quarter Sales using below DAX:

CY Quarter = CALCULATE(SUM('Sample Data'[Total Budget]),YEAR('Sample Data'[Project Start Date])=YEAR(TODAY()),
'Date Table'[QuarterOfYear]=ROUNDUP(MONTH(TODAY()) / 3, 0))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 254 members 2,328 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: