Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saranee
Helper I
Helper I

Calculating average of measure across a row

Hi,

we have been trying to calculate average of measures in one of our project works Like in the attched picture ,for the first table,compliance(comp) is calculated by dividing reading towards compliance by monthly frequency target and then we calculate a measure compliance% (shown here) where if this quotient is greater than 1 or 100%,we consider 1 or 100% otherwise only the quotient.Say here for the month of April,2009 , reading towards compliance=2 and monthly frequency target=1,then comp=2 divide by 1 which is 2  and then in measure compliance% we calculate like if 2>1 then 1 and convert it percent i.e. 100%.Similarly for June 2009  , reading towards compliance=0 and monthly frequency target=1,then comp=0 divide by 1 which is 0  and then in measure compliance% we calculate like 0<1 then 0 i.e.compliance itself.

formula for comp and compliance%

Comp= DIVIDE([Readings Towards Compliance],[Monthly Frequency Target])

Compliance % = IF(SUM(View_Compliance[Comp %])>1,1,SUM(View_Compliance[Comp %]))+0

This compliance% is shown across different months.

Now in the below visualization,we need to show average of compliance% measure calculated in above visualiization across all these rows like in this case iot will be (100%+100%+0%)/3 i.e.200%/3=66.6%.

Please let me know wether it is possible?It is quite urgent.Any help is much appreciated.Page_0.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are looking for AVERAGEX.  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee634546.aspx

If you want to average across months, I would expect someting like  

=AVERAGEX(VALUES(Calendar[YearMonth]), [Compliance %])

Hi! I have similar issue. I have a table with several employees who I need to evaluate. There are ten criteria (columns). I want to show average score for each employee, or average per row. 

post some sample data and expected result

average Power BI.png

Does it make sense? I have several employees, or several rows.

I have tried to use this formula. It works, but I have different skill sets. I have tried to create another Av. Score column, but am getting circular reference error. For another skill set I am using different column names.

Av. Score = divide(CALCULATE(SUMX('Employee Evaluation','Employee Evaluation'[Job Performance. Adaptability2]+'Employee Evaluation'[Job Performance. Attendance and Punctuality2]+'Employee Evaluation'[Job Performance. Execution2]+'Employee Evaluation'[Job Performance. Initiative2]+'Employee Evaluation'[Job Performance. Organization2]+'Employee Evaluation'[Job Performance. Problem Solving2]+'Employee Evaluation'[Job Performance. Process Improvement2]+'Employee Evaluation'[Job Performance. Productivity2]+'Employee Evaluation'[Job Performance. Quality2]+'Employee Evaluation'[Job Performance. Knowledge of Sales Trade])),10)

Perhaps I am doing someting incorrectly. I am getting syntax error when I am trying to add ALLEXCEPT to my formula above.

Could there be another way to calculate my average per row?

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

i must say, i can hardly read that, even after saving it to jy local, it could be old age, but might be useful to make it much bigger

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.