Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculating a value based on current and previous month

I have a measure which counts how many passes and fails there are in a dataset called 'Loaders&Assessors Results' in a column called [Result]

The audit date is in a table called 'Loaders&Assessors' and is called [Date Audited]

The fail measure in its current form is

Fail = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]),FILTER('Loaders&Assessors Results','Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]="Fail"))

I would like to add two additional measures, for current and previous month. I tried myself and failed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

I have tested this one in one of my datasets and it worked, give it a try:

Previous Month Fail = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]),FILTER('Loaders&Assessors Results','Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]="Fail"),DATESBETWEEN('Loaders&Assessors'[Date Audited],DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())-1,01),DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),01)-1))

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

First make sure you have a relationship established between 'Loaders&Assessors' and 'Loaders&Assessors Results',  then try this:

Previous Month Fail = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]),FILTER('Loaders&Assessors Results','Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]="Fail"), PREVIOUSMONTH('Loaders&Assessors'[Date Audited]))

Current Month Fail = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]),FILTER('Loaders&Assessors Results','Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]="Fail"), DATESBETWEEN('Loaders&Assessors'[Date Audited],DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1),ENDOFMONTH(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1))))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thanks @Anonymous 

The measures don't quite work, I had tried the exact same previousmonth measure as you, and it returns no value although I can't see what the issue is!

The current month measure errored, I have played around with it and it seems the below is pulling through the correct number:

Current Month Fail = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]),FILTER('Loaders&Assessors Results','Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]="Fail"), DATESBETWEEN('Loaders&Assessors'[Date Audited],DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1),ENDOFMONTH('Loaders&Assessors'[Date Audited])))

If you can think of a reason why the previousmonth measure it's pulling through a number, let me know!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

I have tested this one in one of my datasets and it worked, give it a try:

Previous Month Fail = CALCULATE(COUNTA('Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]),FILTER('Loaders&Assessors Results','Loaders&Assessors Results'[Result]="Fail"),DATESBETWEEN('Loaders&Assessors'[Date Audited],DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())-1,01),DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),01)-1))

Hope it helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It works! Hurrah! Thanks so much @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.