Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Michaela_Onu
Employee
Employee

Calculating YoY % in DAX if some fields are missing values

Hi all, 

I suppose this will be pretty basic but I cannot get my way around it on my own. I have a simple file with revenue from various products from 2017 and 2018; now, some customers have purchased the product in one year, some in both, some in none.

I was using just a simple calculation of YoY %:=DIVIDE(CALCULATE([Billed revenue],'Date'[Year]="2018"),CALCULATE([Billed revenue],'Date'[Year]="2017",0))-1). This worked fine but when I have a look at the PowerPivot, it shows me so many -100% it looks awful, it is not really user-friendly and gets confusing as the number of customers is huge. I would prefer it to show blanks in case no purchase was made, but at the same time, I need to substract the 1 from the calculation as it makes no sense to show YoY growth of 103 % when i is actually 3 %. I tried to play with IFERROR but that did not solve my issue as there needs to be the -1, to see the YoY change only. 

Would anyone suggest a solution please? I have tried several different forums but have not really found what I was looking for. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please have a look at this.

The example used at the bottom of that page might solve your problem.

Kind regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please have a look at this.

The example used at the bottom of that page might solve your problem.

Kind regards,

Amazing, this worked perfectly, cannot believe I did not know this function. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors