Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

surfingjoe
Helper I
Helper I

Calculating Working Days correctly, but filter context for Month not working

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiOGE4ZWU5ZjgtYzJhOS00MjkyLTkwN2UtNmNmM2RjYmU4YWEwIiwidCI6ImI1Y...

See link above for sample calendar that is calculating working days.

The Matrix visual demonstrates that my method of determining a working day less holidays if functionally working.  Example first day of the year is New Years Day which falls on a Monday, which would normally be a working day, however because it is a holday the matrix is showing as Zero for the first Monday of the year and a One for the second Monday of the year.  So determining a working day minus holidays is working in my Power BI sample.

However, when I create a Month Name as the filter context and count rows that are working days

Count working days = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(dates),FILTER(dates,dates[isworkingday]=1))

the table filter context is not working, instead of the actual days of work per month, it is showing 255 days.

I'm a newbie to Power BI, excuse me if the answer is simple, but not obvious to me, need help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi surfingjoe,

Try just using SUM.

Count working days = SUM(dates[isworkingday])

Tell us if works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi surfingjoe,

Try just using SUM.

Count working days = SUM(dates[isworkingday])

Tell us if works for you.

Never thought to simply use SUM.  Normal thought process is towards counting the working days, but since each true workinday is represented by a 1 and non working days represented by 0, then using SUM works.  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.