cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
surfingjoe Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Calculating Working Days correctly, but filter context for Month not working

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiOGE4ZWU5ZjgtYzJhOS00MjkyLTkwN2UtNmNmM2RjYmU4YWEwIiwidCI6ImI1Y...

See link above for sample calendar that is calculating working days.

The Matrix visual demonstrates that my method of determining a working day less holidays if functionally working.  Example first day of the year is New Years Day which falls on a Monday, which would normally be a working day, however because it is a holday the matrix is showing as Zero for the first Monday of the year and a One for the second Monday of the year.  So determining a working day minus holidays is working in my Power BI sample.

However, when I create a Month Name as the filter context and count rows that are working days

Count working days = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(dates),FILTER(dates,dates[isworkingday]=1))

the table filter context is not working, instead of the actual days of work per month, it is showing 255 days.

I'm a newbie to Power BI, excuse me if the answer is simple, but not obvious to me, need help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calculating Working Days correctly, but filter context for Month not working

Hi surfingjoe,

Try just using SUM.

Count working days = SUM(dates[isworkingday])

Tell us if works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calculating Working Days correctly, but filter context for Month not working

Hi surfingjoe,

Try just using SUM.

Count working days = SUM(dates[isworkingday])

Tell us if works for you.

View solution in original post

surfingjoe Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Never thought to simply use SUM.  Normal thought process is towards counting the working days, but since each true workinday is represented by a 1 and non working days represented by 0, then using SUM works.  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 439 members 4,287 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: