Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Calculating Turnover Rate if Active Employee List and Terminated List are separated

Hello,

The data that I get to make a dashboard is messy. It has the Active and Terminated list on separate tables.

So now I am having a hard time computing for the Turnover Rate.

The date field in my Active List is just the employment start date: AllActive[Employment Start Date] -- there is no column for termination date as they are Active.

For my Terminated List I have: AllTerminated[Employment Start Date] and AllTerminated[Last Day Worked]

Any ideas how I can make this work!

Thanks a million!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm making a big assumption about the simplicity of your data here, but if it looks like this:

Active:

Active.PNG

Terminated:

Terminated.PNG

You could add a column for "Last Day Worked" to your Active Customers dataset within PowerBI and union these datasets together. Then, you could add some logic (depending on how you set up your new column) to determine a terminated flag, and do some computations from there to get your turnover calc.

Ben

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@PatrickLamoste,

The data that I get to make a dashboard is messy. It has the Active and Terminated list on separate tables.

So now I am having a hard time computing for the Turnover Rate.

The date field in my Active List is just the employment start date: AllActive[Employment Start Date] -- there is no column for termination date as they are Active.

For my Terminated List I have: AllTerminated[Employment Start Date] and AllTerminated[Last Day Worked]

So you have two tables AllActive and AllTerminated, right? Could you share some sample data of the two tables and clarify more about the expected requirement?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm making a big assumption about the simplicity of your data here, but if it looks like this:

Active:

Active.PNG

Terminated:

Terminated.PNG

You could add a column for "Last Day Worked" to your Active Customers dataset within PowerBI and union these datasets together. Then, you could add some logic (depending on how you set up your new column) to determine a terminated flag, and do some computations from there to get your turnover calc.

Ben

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.