Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chudson
Helper IV
Helper IV

Calculating Product Attachment Rates

Does anyone know how to calculate additional product attachment rates on the same order as a primary or specific product or product type is selected?  My scenario I'm trying to get to is that when selecting a specific product/type in a filter on the report that the visual/table will show the revenue of that product obviously but also revenue of additional products that come through on the same exact order #'s.  i have a product hierarchy table that is linked to my fact sales table that has revenue by line item by order for many years.

So if Product A was selected as a filter it will put in the revenue from Products B-D as well when on those same orders as Product A.

Table showing kind of how i want the result to show or calculate.

ProductQ1Q2Q3Q4
A         1,000         1,500         2,000         3,500
B            500            750         1,000         2,000
C                -              250            500         1,000
D            500            250                -                  -  
Total         2,000         2,750         3,500         6,500

Thanks!

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
chudson
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi have put my test file out on one drive but not sure anyone will be able to access due to security set up in my organization.  Can you direct message me and I can try to send you the dummy data file.  It has no sensitive information.

Thanks,

Chris

chudson
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @V-lianl-msft ,

Yes I can share a dummy dataset without senstive information.  Where would you like me to put it?

Thanks,

Chris

chudson
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @amitchandak ,

Turning of the filter interaction opens up all my product revenue making the product filter not do anything.  What I want to be able to do is when filtering on a specific product to not only calculate and show revenue on that product but calculate additional product revenue and show those specific products revenue when on the same orders as the product filtered.  I have a measure that calculates the total revenue regardless when that product was used but it doesn't breakout or show other products it just shows total revenue on that one product line.  Examples:

I want something like this when product A is filtered

ProductQ1Q2Q3Q4
A         1,000         1,500         2,000         3,500
B            500            750         1,000         2,000
C                -              250            500         1,000
D            500            250                -                  -  
Total         2,000         2,750         3,500         6,500

This is my current state when product A is filtered (just shows the total revenue but not the product mix)

ProductQ1Q2Q3Q4
A         2,000         2,750         3,500         6,500

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @chudson ,

Based on your description, I am not very clear about your scenario.

Could you share the sample pbix via cloud service like onedrive for business?

Please remove any sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@chudson , This means no filter or related product. If no filter means a switch off interactions.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.