Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculating Percentage using different tables

Hi, 

I have two tables, one database of shipped sales (Digital_Sales) and of refunds processed by a distribution centre (Database)

shipped.png

refunds.png

The two are connected via a 3rd and 4th table linking the 'date processed in dc_date' to 'fin year period'. 

What I'm trying to achieve is to get a visualisation of refunds as a % of sales grouped by period like in the excel example below. 

pc.PNG

I've tried performing this with the below measure.

Measure = sum(Database[RETURN_VALUE_SUM])/sum('Digital Sales'[Shipped_Sales])*100

I think the problem is the connection (see the bottom). When I build a table for return sum and sales sum by period, it's just summing everything for the sales.

Any help will be greatly appriecated. 

connection.jpg

example.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind, fixed it.    The 'Cross Section filter' relationship between 'Period Definition' and 'Year List' needed to be both ways. It defaults to Single. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind, fixed it.    The 'Cross Section filter' relationship between 'Period Definition' and 'Year List' needed to be both ways. It defaults to Single. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.