Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jamecl
Frequent Visitor

Calculating Number of Workdays for Each Month, use result to divide the result of another measure

I have the following calendar table where I have the working days per month. I want to get the total work days per month and use that value in another measure.

To give you some background, I'm dividing the number of estimated work days to complete a project by the number of work days in a month to get the number of resources needed for the next year. I know it can't be that difficult, but I'm fairly new to Power BI.

Power BI Table Desktop.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In dax you may create a newcolum and use this

WorkDayMOnth = 
var month = month(dimCalendar[Date])
var year = year(dimCalendar[Date])
return
CALCULATE(COUNT(dimCalendar[Date]),filter(all(dimCalendar[Date]),YEAR(dimCalendar[Date])=year && MONTH(dimCalendar[Date])=month && WEEKDAY(dimCalendar[Date]) in {2,3,4,5,6}))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In dax you may create a newcolum and use this

WorkDayMOnth = 
var month = month(dimCalendar[Date])
var year = year(dimCalendar[Date])
return
CALCULATE(COUNT(dimCalendar[Date]),filter(all(dimCalendar[Date]),YEAR(dimCalendar[Date])=year && MONTH(dimCalendar[Date])=month && WEEKDAY(dimCalendar[Date]) in {2,3,4,5,6}))

Thank you.

How do I account for holidays in the column? The 'Work Time' column designates work days - 1 for a work day 0 for holiday or weekend.

Also, I need to take the value in the WorkDayMonth column and divide it into a measure -  I'm not quite sure how to do that.

Here is the measure I'm working with - 

AvailabilityDays = Divide(SUM(Availability[Capacity])-(SUM('Engagements By Day'[Engagement Total Work])+sum('Assignments By Day'[Assignment Total Work])),6.8) / "number of working days"

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.