Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rmccallion
Frequent Visitor

Calculating Averages Dependant on Level

I have tried looking through the support forum here and I haven't found what I'm looking for, so please bear with me.  I have a standard bar charts with three different levels to show average developer productivity.  At the highest level, I have the sprint iteration ID.  I can then drill down on that to see a list of all developers and finally the third level (i.e. the most detail) is when I drill down on that, I can see that actual work that the developer has accomplished during the given sprint. 

The problem is that at each level I want an average and I cannot figure this out - it could very well be that I'm still learning Power BI.  The the lowest level, I can easily calculate the average amount of work per day and I have a card on my dashboard to show that.  However, if I drill up to either of the previous two (higher) levels, I still want an average but I want the context of the average to be different.  In other words, at the highest level, I want the one average to show the average number of hours across all iterations and at the mid level, I want it to represent the average number of hours per developer - for that given sprint (whichever one I drilled down into).

Do I need to create temporary tables to summarize at the first and second levesl - and somehow have the dashboard know which table to base the average on?

I hope that this is clear - and if someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@rmccallion If I understand correct you have a card with average or other graphs and when you drill down you need to change to the level you choose. 

Unfortunately this is not supported , at least yet. You need to select a bar to cross filter all the others.

Unless you need the calculation to change when you change drill down for every different level..We can discuss about that and test

Konstantinos Ioannou

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@rmccallion If I understand correct you have a card with average or other graphs and when you drill down you need to change to the level you choose. 

Unfortunately this is not supported , at least yet. You need to select a bar to cross filter all the others.

Unless you need the calculation to change when you change drill down for every different level..We can discuss about that and test

Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.