Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clausbert
Regular Visitor

Calculating Average for a different time span changing dynamically

Hi guys,

I searched the internet but couldn't find an answer to this question. I hope it's easier than I think as I am fairly new to PBI.

My target is to have a 3 week-, 6 week- and 13 week average of my data. However the twist is, that the time span I am looking at is changing.

Clausbert_0-1669365217078.png

When I have the current week I get the correct result, as I am calculating the time span with the Today function minus the 13 weeks.

My problem starts, when I use the week slider:

Clausbert_1-1669365292584.png

You see, that I don't have any calculation for w-3 and 2-6 and on top don't have a w-13 calculation for w-13 but only for the remaining weeks that get shown as the count still starts at week 47.

Long story short. Any super brain here to help me out?

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The right end of your slicer marks the maximum of your filter context.  So instead of using "today" as the right basis, use MAX(Wochenslicer) and then do the shifts as needed from that point.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The right end of your slicer marks the maximum of your filter context.  So instead of using "today" as the right basis, use MAX(Wochenslicer) and then do the shifts as needed from that point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.