Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bo_afk
Post Patron
Post Patron

Calculated table with filters

I have a dataset that displays customers' orders each day, with a column to also determine the customer's orderSequenceNumber i.e. on their first order this is 1, on their next order this is 2 and so forth.

Sample dataset 

YearMonthDayCustomerIDCustomerOrderSeqNo
2019September14abc1231
2019September16abc1232
2019September20abc1233
2019September21abc1234
2019September26abc1235

Using this sequenceNo, I will define whether the customer is new or existing. On 14th September, the customer is considered 'new' (denoted by the number 1) but on 16th Septemer the customer is now 'existing'.

However, if in my filter I were to select multiple dates (e.g. 14th, 16th and 20th), I would like to see whether the customer was either new or existing within this selected period. In this case, they are considered 'new' since their minimum sequenceNo is 1.

If filter was just 16th and 20th, they will be considered 'existing' since their minimum sequence number is greater than 1.

I would like to then create a filter for new and existing customers which would change dependant on date filter.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Many thanks!

afk

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm not sure if i've understood your problem fully, but try the following.

Create a new column with the following calculation: 

IF CustoemrOrderSeqNo = 1 THEN "New" ELSE "Existing" ENDIF

Now you can make a single-select slicer and choose whether you want to see new or existing customers in your list. So first choose date interval, then choose if you want to see new or existing customers in your visualization.

Let me know if this helps.

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortuantely this doesnt work in my case since the status of the customer changes according to the filter selection of the date. The column only provides a static view of the customer's status at just one point in time whereas mine needs to be dynamic.

afk

Hi  @bo_afk ,

For a dynamic view of the customer's status, I think you can create a measure like this:

Measure 2 = RANKX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Test'),Test[CustomerID]=MAX(Test[CustomerID])),CALCULATE(SUM('Test'[date])),,ASC)

The results are as follows:

measure 1.PNG

Here is a demo , please try it:

https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EfcmsZK-GDBDqpDK5p...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.