Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bjarvis100
Regular Visitor

Calculated members not showing in Power BI Desktop

Hi

I know similar posts have been made, but they don't seem to answer my question.....

I have a dimension with an attribute (not key attribute) Margin.  The Margin attribute has a couple of Calculated Members which are not siblings of the All member and the attribute is not a parent child attribute.

From this document , I expected them to be displayed in the Margin attribute hierarchy when I bring it onto the Power BI report.  

From Document

Multidimensional models expose calculated members on attribute hierarchies as values of a column. There are a few additional options and constraints while exposing this type of calculated member:

• Dimension attribute can have an optional UnknownMember
  • An attribute containing calculated members cannot be the key attribute of the dimension, unless it is the only attribute of the dimension
  • An attribute containing calculated members cannot be a parent-child attribute

What am I missing ?

What does 'Multidimensional models expose calculated members on attribute hierarchies as values of a column.' mean ?  Am I looking in the wrong place ?

Sorry if silly questions, excuse the newbie.

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bjarvis100,

Based on test, power bi seems not support calculated members who contains multiple attributes or has hierarchy members.

Dimension Calculated Members (must be a single real member when the dimension has more than one attribute, it cannot be the key attribute of the dimension unless it is the only attribute, and it cannot be a parent-child attribute)

Maybe you can take a look at below link:

BUG Calculated member not appearing in the members list in tables or filters.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.