cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AYD Visitor
Visitor

Calculated measures does not work

Hello.

I have a problem with a calculated measure. I have a column called "state" with three different states in it lets say say for example "cold", "hot" and "warm". When I use this measure COUNTROWS(FILTER(BP ; BP[State] = "hot")) (BP is the name of my table) it gives me the number of rows in which the state is "hot" as expected. But when I use the same measure with "cold" or "warm" replacing "hot", it does not work and it returns 1 instead of the real number of rows. I don't understasnd why it does not work as it is the same table and the same measure. 

Can you help me please ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Calculated measures does not work

Hi @AYD,

If you add measure=COUNTROWS(FILTER(BP ; BP[State] = "hot")) in a card visual, it would show expected count value. But if you added it in a table visual together with [State] filed, you should modify the measure formula:

measure=COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL(BP) ; BP[State] = "hot"))

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Calculated measures does not work

Hi @AYD,

If you add measure=COUNTROWS(FILTER(BP ; BP[State] = "hot")) in a card visual, it would show expected count value. But if you added it in a table visual together with [State] filed, you should modify the measure formula:

measure=COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL(BP) ; BP[State] = "hot"))

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.