Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated measurements and columns

Good I'm doing a dashboard that gets the data from a SQL Server database. That database has an equal structure and name for all sites where it is deployed. Finish the dashboard and the goal was for that same dashboard to serve other databases (with the same name and structure). But when I told you to take the data from the other database, everything went right except the previously calculated columns and measures that were not passed. Is there any way they can pass without having to do them again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If we disable the option "Enable Load" for the query, when we apply the change, this query table data will not be loaded to data model. Any visuals attached to this query will not work after this change. Which is totally fine, because this query is not used (and won’t be) for any visualization. There will be a message "Disabling load will remove the table from the report, and any visuals that use its columns will be broken."

While when we refresh the dataset, there is also a query sent to data source. See: https://radacad.com/performance-tip-for-power-bi-enable-load-sucks-memory-up .

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If we disable the option "Enable Load" for the query, when we apply the change, this query table data will not be loaded to data model. Any visuals attached to this query will not work after this change. Which is totally fine, because this query is not used (and won’t be) for any visualization. There will be a message "Disabling load will remove the table from the report, and any visuals that use its columns will be broken."

While when we refresh the dataset, there is also a query sent to data source. See: https://radacad.com/performance-tip-for-power-bi-enable-load-sucks-memory-up .

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I've done it right. I have a created parameter that serves me to tell you the IP address of where the database I want is. From what I see, it's the same thing he does in the video. But the calculated columns and measurements are gone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried doing the same procedure I did before but removing some tables to do the test. Passing fewer tables I have seen everything working correctly and I realized that what I was taking away the calculated columns and measures was that due to the large number of tables and rows that these have I caused a memory error when updating everything at once so that for this error not to appear I was removing the option to enable load. Removing this option from a table if there were calculated columns or measures in it disappear. Now if I can't disable that option to be loaded by groups instead of all together that I can do so that I don't skip the memory error in the POWER BI?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.