Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clinton_Earl
Frequent Visitor

Calculated measure that returns a total within a table based on at least one row matching criteria?

Good afternoon!  I'm relatively new to PowerBI and BRAND NEW to the message boards.  I can't figure out how to make this one calculation work.

I have a table with relationships between referring and treating providers in my dataset.  Some of these providers refer to us.  Within a custom region (based on zip codes), if someone has at least one referral to our providers (Treating Indicator Field w/ "Y"), I want to consider ALL of that provider's referrals within that same area (not just those sent to us).

So, for example, John sends 10 to our employee, but in total he sent 50 within that region (based on zip codes).  Is there a formula for this?  Something that will be impacted by page/report level filters?  I'm trying to avoid calculated columns because that won't work (I think).  Thanks!

Please advise if anything is unclear here.  🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Clinton_Earl wrote:

Good afternoon!  I'm relatively new to PowerBI and BRAND NEW to the message boards.  I can't figure out how to make this one calculation work.

I have a table with relationships between referring and treating providers in my dataset.  Some of these providers refer to us.  Within a custom region (based on zip codes), if someone has at least one referral to our providers (Treating Indicator Field w/ "Y"), I want to consider ALL of that provider's referrals within that same area (not just those sent to us).

So, for example, John sends 10 to our employee, but in total he sent 50 within that region (based on zip codes).  Is there a formula for this?  Something that will be impacted by page/report level filters?  I'm trying to avoid calculated columns because that won't work (I think).  Thanks!

Please advise if anything is unclear here.  🙂

@Clinton_Earl

Your description is not clear for me. To have a more clear clarification, could you post some sample data and expected outout?

Hello Eric,

Below is a sample data set & expected result.  Within a defined market area, I want to know the total volume of the providers who send at least ONE to our providers.

Manually, I will put this in a pivot table and do a sum on the grand total column where the Y referral is greater than 0.  Let me know if you need any additional context.  Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Any possible guidance on this request?  Still has me stumped.  THanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.