Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

japande
Regular Visitor

Calculated measure for visual tables with manually excluded lines?

Hi,

I have built a visual table in Power BI that contains most data from one data table. I have added a calculated measure to the table to show the average for a specific column and it takes the splicers on the same page into account (which is great). However, I also would like it to take manually excluded lines (rightclick on the visual and "excklude" in the visual table into account, which I can't figure out how to do. 

The idea is that my clients can exclude (qualitatively described) issues from a list of issues with their product that they have already solved or plan on solving and the page shows them some calculated projections on how excluding (addressing) these issues might impact their KPIs.

I would be very grateful for any help with this issue!

Thanks alot in advance and best wishes,

Jan

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @japande,

Based on my test, manually excluding records in a visual won't affect the results calculated by measures. Also, exclude some records in a visual won't cross filter another related visual.

I'm afraid your requirement cannot be achieved now.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

Thank you for your quick answer - I'll need to find a different way to achieve this then...

Best wishes,

Jan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.