Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ragoe
Frequent Visitor

Calculated measure as a filter? (Energy meter validation)

Hi guys

As a power bi newbie I have only attained a basic level of DAX and have hit a brick wall.

I am trying to validate energy measurements and the idea is to have a filter for all my visuals that filters on wheter there are 365 measurements over 1 year per site.

My dataset is like: Siteno, Date, Kwh

I can create a measure that can be fileted in a table visual - Count(Kwh) And filter = 365 in the visual, but I can not create a calculated table that gives me the possibility to create a filter visual?

Help will be much appriciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ragoe ,

Please try the DAX below and create the calculated column.

no.day = CALCULATE(COUNT('kwh 2018'[Dato]),ALLEXCEPT('kwh 2018','kwh 2018'[Dato]))

test_no_days.PNG

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Not clear. Typically when you have the filter in calculate, it should filter your data in the visualization

Can you share sample data and sample output.

Hi

I will try to clear up.

Sample:

Udklip5.PNG

My measure is 

Numberdays = COUNT('kwh 2018'[Dato])

I can set this into a table visual no problem, but I can not use this measure in a filter visual?

Hi @ragoe ,

Please try the DAX below and create the calculated column.

no.day = CALCULATE(COUNT('kwh 2018'[Dato]),ALLEXCEPT('kwh 2018','kwh 2018'[Dato]))

test_no_days.PNG

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @ragoe 

If you meant Slicers then measures can't be used in Slicers. What you can try to do is a Calculated Column using 'COUNT('kwh 2018'[Dato])' and use in Slicer

Thanks
Ankit Jain
Do Mark it as solution if the response resolved your problem. Do Kudo the response if it seems good and helpful.

ragoe
Frequent Visitor

Hi AnkitBI

Yes of course, I mean slicer!

The problem is that if I do the calculated column I only get one option in the slicer? The total count of "Kwh".?

Hi @ragoe 

Your requirement is not clear. Can you share some example of what are you trying to achieve and may be some better sample data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.