Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RemiAnthonise
Helper V
Helper V

Calculated column with DateAdd

Hi guys,

I have a date-table with a column called 'date', so 'date'[date].

In my other table I have a column called Transdate, 'Studies'[Transdate]. I want to add some months at this table with DateAdd. 

There is a 1:n relationship between Date and Transdate. 

My' Studies'[Transdate] doesn't include the dates that I want to add / use so I need to refer to the 'date'[date]. How do I do this?

See sample data

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zk6w6upch8n9j2p/example.pbix?dl=0 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi, 

Like Dateadd doen't work for you, if you want to add 2 years to Factuurdatum, try this formula: 

Dateaddyear = 
DATE( YEAR( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) + 2 ; MONTH( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) ; DAY( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) )

You also think to do it in M instead.

Regards,

View solution in original post

hi, @RemiAnthonise

You can combine your formula with luxpbi's formula as below:

Dateadd = DATE( YEAR( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) + (1-WEEKDAY(ACKStudies[Factuurdatum],2)) , MONTH( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) , DAY( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) )

Result:

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
luxpbi
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @RemiAnthonise,

From what date you want to extract the month?

Regards,

Hi @luxpbi

For now I want to add 2 or 4 years to the TransDate. But I see I didn't translate my .pbix from Dutch to English. I'm sorry. In my previous post I've mentioned Transdate, in my file this is called factuurdatum. 

Like I said, I want to add 2 or 4 years to this date. This will depend on another field so I'll create an If. This won't be a problem, I assume, but I need to get the DateAdd working first.

hi, @RemiAnthonise

You can combine your formula with luxpbi's formula as below:

Dateadd = DATE( YEAR( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) + (1-WEEKDAY(ACKStudies[Factuurdatum],2)) , MONTH( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) , DAY( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) )

Result:

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

Like Dateadd doen't work for you, if you want to add 2 years to Factuurdatum, try this formula: 

Dateaddyear = 
DATE( YEAR( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) + 2 ; MONTH( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) ; DAY( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) )

You also think to do it in M instead.

Regards,

You may run into the error that the day has not the correct value (eg. your original date is on day 31 and the +x months results in february) you can change the last part to 

Dateaddyear = 
DATE( YEAR( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) + 2 ; MONTH( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) ; 1 + DAY( ACKStudies[Factuurdatum] ) )

In case anyone runs into this error, I just ran into it and couldn't figure it out for a good 20 min so hope it helps someone

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always add X years to a year number, but you can't do that with MM or DD (what's the 13th month ?).  So the question remains: how do you create a calculated-column that is 1month later than "myDate" column ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.