Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

powerbirino3
Frequent Visitor

Calculated column incorrect calculation

Hi guys,

I'm facing a problem which I've never seen using Power BI and I have no idea why.

The problem is that I have created a calculated column with a basic calculation like this: "Euros / Weight / Quantity" and results have no completly sense.

What I firstly 've done, is to create a calculated table using group by and addcolumns DAX functions, once I've had the desired format, I've added a calculated column called Quantity to the calculated table, and last step, I've added a calculated column called €/Kg (last column of the image).

Where is the problem? €/Kg column is wrong! Look at the results in the image

Sin título.png

For example, first row of the image:

1668,85 (EUROS) / 6600 (WEIGHT) / 0'03 (QUANTITY)

CALCULATOR

8'42

Result in Power BI10'11

I'm literally... WTF Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working with decimals can be funny in places. Sometimes a number will display as rounded but systems will often keep the "true" figure.  An easy test might be to update your formula to something like

Round(Euros, 2) / Round(Weight, 2) / Round(Quantity, 2)

See if that changes the output any.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Quantity a rounded figure?  For example is the real figure on the first line 0.025 but its displaying as 0.03?

It's rounded to two decimals, yes, but in this case, "original" number is 0.03.

In my knowledge, this shouldn't affect, just decimals, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Working with decimals can be funny in places. Sometimes a number will display as rounded but systems will often keep the "true" figure.  An easy test might be to update your formula to something like

Round(Euros, 2) / Round(Weight, 2) / Round(Quantity, 2)

See if that changes the output any.

That did the trick.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.