Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nygaardsa
Frequent Visitor

Calculated calender with custom periods

Hi,

I am trying to create a calculated calender which only include dates from invoiced dates, and then adding a custom column with corresponding custom period based on last sunday in month (similar to end of month, only last sunday in month). how can this be done?

The custom calender is solved by following code;

let
ChangedType = Table.TransformColumnTypes (IFS_PROD_Invoice,{{"I_DATE",type date}}),
MaxDate = Record.Field (Table.Max(ChangedType, "I_DATE"), "I_DATE"),
MinDate = Record.Field (Table.Min(ChangedType, "I_DATE"), "I_DATE"),
DaysElapsed = Number.From (MaxDate-MinDate),
DatesList = List.Dates (MinDate, DaysElapsed+1, Duration.From(1)),
RawDatesTable = Table.FromList (DatesList, Splitter.SplitByNothing(),
{"Date"}, null, ExtraValues.Error),
ChangedType1 = Table.TransformColumnTypes (RawDatesTable, {{"Date", type date}}),
InsertedDay = Table.AddColumn (ChangedType1, "Day", each Date.Day([Date]), type number),
InsertedMonth = Table.AddColumn (InsertedDay, "Month", each Date.Month([Date]), type number),
InsertedYear = Table.AddColumn(InsertedMonth, "Year", each Date.Year([Date]), type number)
in
    InsertedYear

Now I just need a way to add a column which sorts the dates into respective periods (from first monday to last sunday) named "2017-P01" etc... Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Nygaardsa,

You can try to use below formula add custom column to find out last Sunday of each month:

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Last Sunday", each Date.AddDays(Date.EndOfMonth([Date]), -1* Date.DayOfWeek(Date.EndOfMonth([Date]),Day.Sunday)))

Full query:

let
    Source= List.Dates(#date(2010,1,1),1200,#duration(1,0,0,0)),
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(Source, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Converted to Table",{{"Column1", "Date"}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Last Sunday", each Date.AddDays(Date.EndOfMonth([Date]), -1* Date.DayOfWeek(Date.EndOfMonth([Date]),Day.Sunday))),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"Date", type date}, {"Last Sunday", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Nygaardsa,

You can try to use below formula add custom column to find out last Sunday of each month:

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Last Sunday", each Date.AddDays(Date.EndOfMonth([Date]), -1* Date.DayOfWeek(Date.EndOfMonth([Date]),Day.Sunday)))

Full query:

let
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(Source, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Converted to Table",{{"Column1", "Date"}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Last Sunday", each Date.AddDays(Date.EndOfMonth([Date]), -1* Date.DayOfWeek(Date.EndOfMonth([Date]),Day.Sunday))),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"Date", type date}, {"Last Sunday", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks alot, this is working great! However, can I trouble you with a new question? How can one find the corresponding first monday in period, for instance monday the 27.08.2018 in periode 27.08.2018 (first monday after last sunday in period 08) to 30.09.2018 (last sunday in period 09)

Hi @Nygaardsa,

In fact, you need to combo use date functions to get date which you wanted and calculate the offset of specific day of week.

let
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Last Sunday", each Date.AddDays(Date.StartOfMonth([Date]), if Date.DayOfWeek(Date.StartOfMonth([Date]),Day.Sunday)<>0 then 7-Date.DayOfWeek(Date.StartOfMonth([Date]),Day.Sunday)+1 else Date.DayOfWeek(Date.StartOfMonth([Date]),Day.Sunday)+1)),
in
    #"Changed Type"

Date functions

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.