Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rdallimore
Frequent Visitor

Calculated Table

Hi all, hoping some can help me with this one. i have a data extract being pulled from a sharepoint site and from that data i would like to manipluate it so i can use the new format in a PBI Gantt chart.

the initial table is in the following format

Audit TitleBusiness LineCategoryIT InvolvementCurrent StageTOR StartTOR DurationField Work StartFW DurationClose Out MeetingClose Out Duration
Audit 1ITClient AuditLeadFinal Report01/11/2017728/02/20183001/03/20181

I want to create a new table into the following format. each row in the origonal table for each audit would be swapped to represent multiple rows for each task.

Audit TitleStageDuration
Audit 1TOR Start7
Audit 1Field Work Start30
Audit 1Close Out Meeting1

any help for suggestions would be appreciated

Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @rdallimore

For your case, you may could shape you data by Unpivot column in Query Editor.

Then steps about how to unpivot column, you could have a view of this blog and this video of Unpivot Column in Power BI.

If you need further help, please share some data sample which can reproduce the scenario and your expeced output, so that we can help further investigate on it?

Best, Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @rdallimore

For your case, you may could shape you data by Unpivot column in Query Editor.

Then steps about how to unpivot column, you could have a view of this blog and this video of Unpivot Column in Power BI.

If you need further help, please share some data sample which can reproduce the scenario and your expeced output, so that we can help further investigate on it?

Best, Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks Cherry, i think this is going to work fine.

very much appreicate the help

Rich

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.