Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheSAY
Frequent Visitor

Calculated Filter - Wrong Total

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue when trying to pull the amount of participants for a report.

Here is the link to a ZIP file of the report and source files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ar-qf5t6I8TOo0ME1gKSvyjbC_JU

There are two reports I run with the membership software we use, and I've been able to get them combined to show the correct amounts per YTD based on the selected month(s) in the slicer.

However, if you look at the 2019 Participants column currently there, the "Membership" category is only listing the total as 390. This should be 402 when you add all the numbers up.

Are my formulas correct? Why would it not be adding everything up correctly?

2 REPLIES 2
calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @TheSAY ,

Your measure is correct in each subtotal as well as in the total count.  

The reason is because you have the same member in different categories, those are:

Duplicates.png

Regards,

Fernando

Hi Fernando @calerof 

Thank you for getting back to me.

Do you know how I would go about getting duplicates included?  Would I need to base it off the member name and the adjustment type perhaps?

For example, with one of the names listed below, Keyla Alberto, they're being duplicated due to "7th Grade Initiative" and "Achievers".  Since the combination of columns will be "Alberto, Keyla-N/A - Unit Level Adjustment" for both, would I need to do it as "Alberto, Keyla-7th Grade Initiative" and "Alberto, Keyla-Achievers"?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors