Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TheSAY
Frequent Visitor

Calculated Filter - Wrong Total

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue when trying to pull the amount of participants for a report.

Here is the link to a ZIP file of the report and source files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ar-qf5t6I8TOo0ME1gKSvyjbC_JU

There are two reports I run with the membership software we use, and I've been able to get them combined to show the correct amounts per YTD based on the selected month(s) in the slicer.

However, if you look at the 2019 Participants column currently there, the "Membership" category is only listing the total as 390. This should be 402 when you add all the numbers up.

Are my formulas correct? Why would it not be adding everything up correctly?

2 REPLIES 2
calerof Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Calculated Filter - Wrong Total

Hi @TheSAY ,

Your measure is correct in each subtotal as well as in the total count.  

The reason is because you have the same member in different categories, those are:

Duplicates.png

Regards,

Fernando

TheSAY
Frequent Visitor

Re: Calculated Filter - Wrong Total

Hi Fernando @calerof 

Thank you for getting back to me.

Do you know how I would go about getting duplicates included?  Would I need to base it off the member name and the adjustment type perhaps?

For example, with one of the names listed below, Keyla Alberto, they're being duplicated due to "7th Grade Initiative" and "Achievers".  Since the combination of columns will be "Alberto, Keyla-N/A - Unit Level Adjustment" for both, would I need to do it as "Alberto, Keyla-7th Grade Initiative" and "Alberto, Keyla-Achievers"?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors