Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AaronMcClay1311
Regular Visitor

Calculated Columns Based on Text Field Data

Hello,

So I am trying to create a calculated column based on a field. What I am trying to see is how much we have spent on moving product within our warehouse. So if it costs $5 (this field would need to be able to change) how would I get it to calculate into the fields I already have? 

I have a picture below of the two tables and the text field I want to use to calculate.

Thank you

Calculating in Power Bi.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JadhavVarsha_13
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello 

You can use what if parameter here, can you confirm what exactly you want to update if Cost of Movement is changed to diff value

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JadhavVarsha_13
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello 

You can use what if parameter here, can you confirm what exactly you want to update if Cost of Movement is changed to diff value

That worked perfectly! I was trying to mulitply the Count of Transactions by the What if Value. I got exactly what I was trying to get! Thank you!What if parameter solved.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.