Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated Column to extract Top 5 Supplier Names based on a fixed-value-table

I'm trying to calculateTop 5 Vendors by Total Order Quantity in a line-and-stacked-column chart but it has to response to a slicer

Here is my data:

1. Big Suppliers Data table:

• Vendor: 39 vendor names (and this column links with the "Vendor" column in the other table described below)

• Big Supplier: only 7 names appear here while the rest are grouped to "Others"

2. Data TAT table (transaction data):

• Vendor

• Order Quantity (1 for every transaction)

• TATClosed

• ReceivedDate

• Business Type (DET or LRU option)

One vendor can have 2 types of businesses LRU & DET while some might only have 1. As you can see in the 1st picture above, there're only 7 names out of many vendor names appear while the rest are grouped to "Others". That's why If I used "Big Supplier" column as my column series and choose DET or LRU from the slicer, I'd always get all 7 names which is Top 7 and not Top 5 in each business.

How can I use those set-up names to create a Column that can be used to show my Top 5 vendors by Total Order Quantity while making sure it is responsive to a slicer created by "Business Type" column? Because my data already has "Others" and any search results in this forum I was able to find all computed those who are not in TOPN to be "others", which is not what I need or what is applicable to my problem.

Does anyone know how i can attach my sample file here? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

Could you share the pbix file? It'd be easier to understand your explanation.

So you say you're creating a column as below. Can you explain what the ALLSELECTED is for here?

RANK BY ORDER QUANTITY=
 IF (
    RANKX (
        ALLSELECTED ( 'Data TAT'[Vendor] ),
        CALCULATE (
            [SUM ORDER QUANTITY],
            ALLEXCEPT ( 'Data TAT', 'Data TAT'[Vendor], 'Data TAT'[LRU-DET] )
        )
    )
        <= 4,
    'Data TAT'[Vendor],
    "OTHERS"
)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AlB I have fixed my description as it was a bit confusing. I'm trying to attach my same PBI file but couldn't find a way. Do you know how? (Apologise to ask such a question but I'm new to this platform). Thanks!

@Anonymous

Sure, you cannot attach it. You gotta post the URL to the file on Dropbox, Onedrive etc.

OR you can quickly upload the file to a website like this (no sign-in required) and post the URL here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.