Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwinkels
Frequent Visitor

Calculated Column Relationships

I'm trying to set up a relationship between two tables. One of the tables relies on a calculated column. When I try to set up the relationship, I get the following error: "The expression refresnced column [name of column] which does not hold any data because it needs to be recalculated or refreshed".

error.jpg

I have refreshed the dataset many times and have verified that the column does indeed hold data. Has anyone ever seen this error before? Any workarounds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mwinkels
Frequent Visitor

I'm still not sure why this is the error I am given, but I stupidly had a relationship of one to many when I needed to have a many to one.

In the end, changing this relationship type fixed the issue. The error still seems strange to me, but if you face the same thing, make sure to pay attention to the relationship types.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
S184019
Advocate III
Advocate III

@mwinkels 

I have the same error for data coming from a SINGLE table.  There are no references to be refreshed.  Microsoft!!! Hep me hep me.  This error occurs when viewing the data in the table from PBI online. 

mwinkels
Frequent Visitor

I'm still not sure why this is the error I am given, but I stupidly had a relationship of one to many when I needed to have a many to one.

In the end, changing this relationship type fixed the issue. The error still seems strange to me, but if you face the same thing, make sure to pay attention to the relationship types.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.