Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NBOnecall
Helper V
Helper V

Calculated Column Help with Most Recent Date

Hi,

I think I am just brain dead today, but I think I am overlooking something super easy, but I have teh following table that I want to bring back into another table that just has an item number.

TAble.png

I want to grab for each Item and location the most recent Qty number. The out put would look like the following. I have a table that just has the Item (name) and nothing else. It should be a pretty easy calculated column I would imagine, but I just can't make it work right now.

Final.png

Thanks,

Noel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NBOnecall
Helper V
Helper V

I ended up using this formula.

Location A Qty= CALCULATE(SUM(table1[QTY]),FILTER(TAble1, table2[Location] = "A"),filter(table1', table1[item] = table2[name]),LASTDATE(table1[Date]))

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NBOnecall
Helper V
Helper V

I ended up using this formula.

Location A Qty= CALCULATE(SUM(table1[QTY]),FILTER(TAble1, table2[Location] = "A"),filter(table1', table1[item] = table2[name]),LASTDATE(table1[Date]))

Hi @NBOnecall ,

It seems that you have resolved the case. Can you please accept the helpful answer as a solution?  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try

Measure =LASTNONBLANKVALUE(table[Date], sum(Table[Qty]))

Put this in a matrix in row, location in column

Due to other wanted results, I need it as a calculated column on the table, unforuntely not a measure.

Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @NBOnecall 

Make a copy of the first table. Remove all other columns except item. Then remove duplicates.

Next use the folllowing DAX formula for your calculated column:

Location A Quantity = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[QTY]),FILTER(Table1, [Location] = "A" && Table1, Table1[Item] = Table2[Name] && Table1, MAX(Table1[Date])))

If this helps please kudo.

If this solves your problem please accept it as a solution. 

@Tad17It states that too many arguments for the Filter statement. Am I missing something?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.