Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mendriki32
Frequent Visitor

Calculated Column Comparing Field Value to Measure Showing Incorrect Value

So I've added a field comparing a column to a filtered value (measure) in import mode. In all of the columns below _IsCurrentJob should be 1. All the _timeSeriesDateTime fields are not aggregated/summarized in any way. 

pbi.png

Where 

_SelectedJob = SELECTEDVALUE(jobTable[jobNumber])

Now I searched the forums and found a suggestion to turn it into an aggregate measure

_sj2 = IF(max(_timeSeriesDateTime[jobNumber]) = [_SelectedJob],1,0)

which gives me the correct values in table form (tested and correctly showing 0 for non-matching values),

pbi3.png

but when I try to filter a date slicer (not the above table) visual based on _sj2 = 1 I get this:
pbi2.png
After a lengthy google search and an afternoon spent researching set theory, I'm throwing in the towel. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mendriki32 

Please change the time to list mode.Then drag the _sj2 measure to visual level filter.

a1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mendriki32 

Based on my test,the measure is correct.Please check the visual level filter as attachment.

a1.png

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-cherch-msft Still getting the same error mentioned in the original post. I should have mentioned that the error was thrown from a date slicer visual, with "time" being the only field. I've updated the original question.

pbi4.png

Hi @mendriki32 

Please change the time to list mode.Then drag the _sj2 measure to visual level filter.

a1.png

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.