Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lcasey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Calculated 2 years previous

Hello,

Does anyone know how I would write a correct formula?

Year 2 = CALCULATE([YTD Budget],ALLSELECTED('Calendar'[Year]) -2,ALL('Calendar'[Month]))

In the above formula I want to be able to select any year in the calendar table and have the formula go back 2 years in time and grab that entire years budget.

Adding the -2  breaks th eformula but you can see what I was trying to do. What should I be using?

01.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lcasey

YTD From 2 Ago =
CALCULATE ( [YTD Budget], DATEADD ( 'Calendar'[Date], - 2, YEAR ) )

If [YTD Budget] uses TOTALYTD - then the above will give you the YTD Total but from 2 years ago! Smiley Happy

Thanks,

My YTD budget is useing:

YTD Budget = IF(SUM('00-GLSummary'[Revenue]) > 0,  Abs(SUM('00-Budget'[BUDGETAMT])),sum('00-Budget'[BUDGETAMT]))

So this formula is blank for now. I am going to try and convert my YTD Budget to use TotalYTD

That sounds like a more sdtandard way to calculate amounts anyway.

Weird,

I changed my formula to:

IF(SUM('00-GLSummary'[Revenue]) > 0,  TOTALYTD(Sum('00-Budget'[BUDGETAMT]),'Calendar'[Date]),sum('00-Budget'[BUDGETAMT]))

and the YTD From 2 Ago = CALCULATE ( [YTD Budget], DATEADD ( 'Calendar'[Date], - 2, YEAR ) )

is still blank.

Hi @lcasey

Just to confirm that you do not have any filters in the Visual, Page or Report levels?

What I would suggest to troubleshoot, is to create a table and put the indivudual measures into the table with your dates. In doing so this can help visually see where the possible error is occuring.

I have done that in the past, which has helped me identify where I was going wrong.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.