Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lt79_Pax
Helper II
Helper II

CalculateTable Embedded In CalculateTable Error

Dear Power BI Representative,
I have a calculated table that was somehow embedded in another calculated table as a summation and causing an error and when I try to delete the summation it will not give me the option to do so.  How do I delete the embedded calculated table?  It also will not give me the option to delete it in the outer calculated column table output.  Please advise.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lt79_Pax , The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Hi Amitchandak,
I have a calculated table, that I was studying in Power BI entitled:

FilterFabrikamHighMarginProducts =
FILTER (
FILTER (
'Product',
'Product'[Unit Price] > 'Product'[Unit Cost] *3
),
'Product'[Brand] = "Fabrikam"
)

Then I created another calculated table entitled that I was studying as well:
RedProductsCALCULATETABLE =
CALCULATETABLE (
ADDCOLUMNS(
VALUES ( 'Product'[Color] ),
"Num of Products", COUNTROWS ( 'Product' )
),
'Product'[Color] = "Red"

Some how the output of RedProductsCALCULATETABLE seen as sum symbol RedProductsCALCULATETABLE ended up being embedded and contained in FilterFabrikamHighMarginProducts calculated table
and now the calculated table is giving the error message of 'This expression refers to a Column object named 'Product[RedProductsCALCULATETABLE]', which has an error.' In addition the application will not let me delete the sum symbol RedProductsCALCULATETABLE contained within the FilterFabrikamHighMarginProducts calculated table and I do not know how to fix this issue and that is why I am reaching out for help. Please advise. Thank you.
FilterFabrikamHighMarginProducts =
FILTER (
FILTER (
'Product',
'Product'[Unit Price] > 'Product'[Unit Cost] *3
),
'Product'[Brand] = "Fabrikam"
)
! This expression refers to a Column object named 'Product[RedProductsCALCULATETABLE]', which has an error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.