Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sammy_01
Frequent Visitor

Calculate variance for last 5 years depending on the Year selected from the slicer

Hi All,

I have two measures Sales and Performance. I also have a Date(YYYY) column in the same table which is dated until x years i.e 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, etc

If I select 2018 from the Date slicer, I need to show last 5 years of Sales in each row of the table. Another row holding the variance between the Sales years.

Example:

Sales350300275260255
var 5025155

Challenge, I am unable to get the last 5 years data as a column in a table and also find the difference between the sales dynamically. 

Could you please help me as to how I can achieve the solution? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sammy_01 ,

Please check the attached .pbix file.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sammy_01 ,

Please check the attached .pbix file.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sammy_01 , With a separate year table , you should be able to get diff

This Year = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])))
Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1))

diff = [This Year]-[Last Year ]
diff % = divide([This Year]-[Last Year ],[Last Year ])

In matrix use show on row - https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

@amitchandak  thanks for your solution. I am able to get the difference, however, when I add the Variance row in the matrix table, I get the value of the difference in the Total column. 

How do I make sure to get values as the above table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.