Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

essjayemm
Advocate I
Advocate I

Calculate value as percentage of column average

I'm attempting to represent some table values as a percentage of the column average as follows:

BranchQuantityQuantity as % of Ave. Quantity
1205,985.02359.23%
2271,534.92578.08%
3336,876.44396.87%
4525,621.254151.15%
5367,018.183105.54%
6649,992.331186.92%
7101,413.51829.16%
8323,528.03493.04%
Total2,781,969.711 

The quantity value for each branch is correctly calculated using a measure but I cannot get the correct DAX calculation to determine the values shown in the Quantity as % of Ave. Quantity column.  I can correctly calculate the average (347,746.21) as a separate measure but when I drop a new measure of Quantity / Average the row result is not correct.

I have the individual branch value as a % of column total correctly calculated but feel I am now over-thinking what I need to do to achieve the solution I'm after.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@essjayemm you avg qty measure should be this:

Avg Qty = CALCULATE ( AVERAGE ( 'Table'[Quantity] ), ALLSELECTED() )

change ALLSELECTED to ALL if you don't want any slicer/filter rows to be removed from the average and from here rest of the calculation should be easy.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@essjayemm you avg qty measure should be this:

Avg Qty = CALCULATE ( AVERAGE ( 'Table'[Quantity] ), ALLSELECTED() )

change ALLSELECTED to ALL if you don't want any slicer/filter rows to be removed from the average and from here rest of the calculation should be easy.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks @parry2k.  Your advice and guidance certainly gave me a good shove in the right direction, allowing me to solve my problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.